Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I think I am finally turning into a real bicycle commuter. My trusty fixed gear cycle is now outfitted with lights, fenders have been ordered, and it has toe clips and straps; though I insist on riding brakeless for the time being. As for myself, I cleaned up my old helmet and (grudging) have started wearing it. There is little more distasteful than wearing a bike helmet in my book, but I have decided that if I am riding every day, on city street during rush hour, I really ought to take precautions. I also ordered some wool gloves for the chilly morning ride. Pretty much all set, I guess...I just have to wait for my body to get into the swing of nine miles a day again (round trip). However, it is unlikely that I would get much in the way of serious exercise without this riding to my carpool thing, so I am happy. (Plus it saves lots of cash on gas!) I feel great by the time I get to work, and the ride home is relaxing and reflective. The times they are a' changin'---I'm supposed to be a car guy, right?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know your email, but I wanted to recommend this to you if you haven't seen it before (I can't remember if it was linked to by you or another blog I read, I can't keep track)
    http://www.notquitewrong.com/rosscottinc/tag/bikes/
    Has some great biking comics which I think you would like.
    -Nick R 2008

    ReplyDelete