In the life of anyone with an artistic temperament, habits, interests and any other pursuit which captures the mind and spirit, the life of the melancholic artist is a series of fits and starts, forgotten passions, and rediscovered loves. I am no different, and it seems I am always picking up something that was left behind at one point, or stumbling across some new excitement, only to change once again, albeit often subtly. There are times when this is disorienting, even frustrating, but I love the adventure, the romantic longing, continual renewal that it creates; and anyway, I couldn't change it without destroying something of myself in the process. Better to experience deeply and take the sad and lonely bits with the peaceful and happy ones than to live blandly, I say.
As if by way of proof of these musings, blog posting is so often sporadic and disconnected, but that is partly why you read here, right? Well, if you are curious as to what holds my attention at the moment, check out 140 Bricks for the ongoing battle to keep my vintage Volvos alive, and Imperfect'd for other projects I've been busy with---a new fixed gear build is peeping over the horizon...
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Posted by Darren Cools at 9:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment