Sunday, August 17, 2008

Yesterday as we were hauling a load of excess ex-possessions to the thrift store, I got to thinking, as I often do, about how much AC and I love our old car. Both of us would prefer to deal with any problems that may and do come up (as they will with ANY car, old or new, I must point out), as well as the extra noise, inconvenience and discomfort that is part of owning a nearly 40 year old vehicle. The appeal of driving something like this has a little to do with a lot of things, but just because we feel this way does not mean that other people do as well, nor that they can even comprehend the motivation. Of course there are the occasional few that voice a tidbit of praise or nod in friendly approval, but much more often we have been recipients of snide remarks and full-on insult regarding our choice of automobile. I assure you that I rarely take real offense at all this---to each his own and all that sort of thing...I did however, in the course of these musings, come up with a bumper sticker that may offer an explanation that these critics could readily understand:









I really am thinking seriously of printing these, so give me some feedback in the comments if you would like some.

5 comments:

  1. I want some. 140's have a lot more street cred up here in Portland, but I can always use a little more moral highground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some too...I'm hoping to get two or three people to split the cost (and divide up the quantity between us of course) with me...$90 for the minimum amount---250---and that is the cheapest place to get them done I have found, but i used them for the imperfectd sticker (which I will send directly) and they are good quality. Think it over...ask Donny about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he's all into ZipCars now... but I'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well if the semi-expat's opinion has any weight, i think these would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder... I'll bet we could use ... Hmm!

    Yes! They MUST be printed!

    ReplyDelete