Do you ever wish some days that the sky would turn ink black and dump cold rain over everything?
California is too comfortable; too boring, easy, soft, weak and complacent. We need some rain or wind or some sort of adversity for our atrophied spirits. There is only so much BBQ-ing on the back porch in the heat of yet one more sunny evening you can handle before all the paradise and perfection turns your head.
Winter is the only somewhat good time here...
But even that is bad because everyone huddles in their homes as if there was a blizzard and whine about the 'horrible' weather, pointing a shaky finger toward the thermometer: 52 degrees.
California has it's good points, I admit. I have loved it and I have hated it. There is a lot to see, a lot of history and culture, and many good people. But I don't belong here anymore. I am too far from home, and it's time to go.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Posted by Darren Cools at 9:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment