Thursday, June 22, 2006

Don't you love those rare evenings when you get home from work and suddenly find you have nothing pressing to do and you can just sit on the couch or go for a walk or do whatever you feel like doing? It is so nice to really relax for a change, especially when the weather is good here in summertime SoCal, life is going just fine, and new adventures are just around the corner. I spent some of my quiet evening watching the last part of Neon Genesis, a show I can't really recommend as GOOD, but it is certainly impressive, thought-provoking and moving. There is so much in it and it is so beautifully done that I have not fully taken everything in yet. The insights into human nature, and the perceptions of love and loneliness and insecurity are stunning. Nevertheless, as I said the last time talked about it, it is potentially very damaging and misleading philosophically. Watch it with care and discretion---I really think there is a lot of truth to be gotten from it, but don't watch it with your mom: a 90,000-foot-tall naked demi-god girl spilling blood across the universe is more than a little weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment