Sunday, April 10, 2005

It has been an indecently long time since I posted. I have no excuses to offer, but I will take your reprimands patiently. Where to start since last time? Lots of music, lots of work, long classes, long nights...and life grows more beautiful with each passing day. My best friend and former roommate once said that in loving, the act of the loves is contemplation of the beloved; I think this is true in many ways: when we love someone, we think about them; when we love God we try to wrap our minds around all that that Name means. We think on Him. And in this thinking about the loved one we are brought outside of ourselves, that darkest prison, and elevated by this selflessness. For true love desires not gain for itself, but leaps at the chance to sacrifice itself, to give freely for the sake of the beloved. What once were fantastical notions, absurd behaviors, foolish accessibility, have become opportunities for nobility, joyful comforts, fulfillment and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment