Monday, February 07, 2005

On my last day of work I am late. About fifteen minutes---well, more like ten. I walk in to find the entire back end of the store in a shambles. The assistant manager apparently lost his mind since I saw him this morning and re-arranged/threw out/changed or eliminated EVERYTHING from the counter to the back of the building. I had seen it coming, but I had no idea...I wish my fellow operators good luck in the resultant chaos; but as for me, (I know I have said on other nights that I had nothing to do, but...), I am blogging. I was busy then. I have been wandering the store, washing counters, taking out trash, and staring vacantly at the wall since about 1:00am. It's now 5. Of all our absurdly expensive machines one [was] grinding away happily in its little corner, and the other one had an aneurysm. I feel just a wee bit superfluous so I think I'll sit outside and smoke my pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment