Monday, July 26, 2004

A tug at my heart seated deep in my breast
Swimming tears and smiles; Love’s earnest request.
Softly she called me, rending me in ‘twain
I turned to answer, but she was gone again.
Dearest, your face was agonizingly pretty,
Why did you leave me? I wasn’t ready…
Sometimes in the evening I glimpse you there
Among the trees or in the sunset fair.
Once again that bittersweet melancholy
Rolls down from the hills and conquers me,
And I am swept off to a faraway land
With great high cliffs and warm golden sand…
Lying on my back I dream of great deeds
Castles and ships and men on bold steeds.
Floating gently on an Angel’s wings,
Through drifting stars, over planets’ rings…
The sweet sounds of a piano drifting past,
How I wish the color of the sky would last.
Then it all fades like a beautiful song
Dreams are always destroyed ‘ere long…
But you, my love, are precious to me,
And soon again with you I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment