Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Another day of scholastic wonder, with a pleasing degree of satisfaction. Cones and projection and generatrices?! How marvelous!

[Various Rantings] Will somebody explain idealism to me?! How much to allow as a measurement of standards and how much to throw out as pettifoggery? (Pettifoggery? The McKeon metaphysics, baby!)

And what about time? A legitimate excuse for avoidance of decision-making?

I have been slapped with the wickedness of introversion. The way it was put to me: heaven is a community of love made up of all of the blessed, united in a single action---beholding the creator. Hell is an isolated hole with neither love nor companionship and with no purpose but personal misery. Therefore, I, (an introvert,) am living out a foreshadowing of my coming time in Hell. (Due largely to the selfish, self-pitying habits I am building by cutting myself off from others.) Even though I am joking a little with regard to myself, I am really not being sarcastic here; I am honestly affected by the argument, it seems very true...
So try to recognize the love shown to you, and never forget charity to others.

[Thoughts on T.A.C.] I love you like an over-protective mother; you will become dearer after I have left you, but for now, GET ME OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment