This blog continues to gyrate wildly; from personal outpourings of momentary emotion, to stiff, mechanical appreciation of others' [art] work, and everything in between. I started blogging years ago with a similar thought (I believe) to many bloggers at the time---create and regularly update a slightly toned-down, public version of my personal journal (if I kept a physical one, which I don't). What I was thinking about, learning, hurting over, or simply things I found that I liked. This didn't change much until about 2008 or 2009, when I decided I wanted the blog to be more of an 'art discovery' endeavor; with a strong showing of my own work as well, which I would deftly and charmingly post with weekly or even biweekly frequency---the not-quite-pro-yet-but-getting-there artist who quietly wowed everyone with his skill. Heh. Finally, I basically stopped posting. Even when there were things I wanted to write about, I couldn't seem to get around to posting them. I almost deleted the blog several times. Who wants years of their own silliness, emotion, immaturity and lack of direction readily available to anyone, especially when starting out on a new career, I thought. But then again, every post is a part of me and the life I have lived. Snapshots of experience and reflections of things I felt and thought then but perhaps don't anymore. There are great things and stupid things, but it's all me. I am not embarrassed by the timeline of my life's progress. If it causes any head-shaking, I'm okay with that. It's all honest, and though I still don't have a specific vision for this blog and almost never know beforehand what I am going to say, I do know that I am not trying to make it anything in particular; that it will continue to grow and evolve organically. It's kind of a living experiment, and I am curious what I will talk about in another year or two or five. Right now, I'm back at the beginning, back in February 2004---writing as if this were a private journal; just telling the world what I am feeling, what I find interesting. And I am making no promises... but you'll probably see a little of everything here.
Wednesday, December 07, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


This blog is fabulous and interesting topic. we are offering MCX TIPS FREE TRIAL ON MOBILE , 100% accurate tips and SILVER TRADING TIPS.
ReplyDelete