After a exceptionally quiet weekend I am back to thinking too much about all the things that need doing; like working on cars, applying for work, figuring out how to make the paycheck stretch 'til the next one drops in the box...you know. And this is the second week on a row that I haven't gone to sleep before midnight.
I almost made it across the threshold of real creativity between watching Coraline on Friday and the wonderfully moody cloudiness and rain that has darkened the sky since Thursday; but I got as far as a partial outline of a new writing project and stalled out. Seems to be the way of things. I'm sure I'll finish a story one of these days...
There have been some great successes though! The Volvo 145 (after a LOT of tinkering and some new parts) runs better than it ever has, I made some much needed extra cash on various car work for folks, and I have responded to four more job listings!
They say it is going to rain for next two weeks. Either we'll get so homesick for PDX that we'll just up and leave, or we'll get all depressed about the economy and spend too much on beer...
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Posted by Darren Cools at 12:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh, don't get all depressed about the economy. Fear does nobody any good, and you're making out better than most: you got a steady job, and are even making money on the side. Pretty good if you ask me. Furthermore, a poor economy can't hurt anyone with nothing to lose...
ReplyDelete