Monday, August 04, 2008

As ought to be expected, Monday morning has proven to be, well; a true Monday morning. And getting out of bed is never easy, but during this last week or so leading up to today (today being the worst), throwing back those covers and turning on the light has presented more difficulty than normal. Bedtimes have been reasonable, so I suspect all this exhaustion is due to left-over fatigue and stress, finally catching up with me from these last few months of busy-ness. Despite these complaints though, life has been full of interest and opportunity, and a lot of change---good change. Everything is beginning to come together concerning our many projects, dreams, and various duties---I have been trying to mop up as much as I am able before baby arrives so that I have the option of relaxing during that time...

Summer is alway full of action and change. This one (so far) feels like one extremely long work week, with a busy weekend tacked on the end. Still got a month to go too, but there are still a few things left to accomplish before the school year kicks in. Then the frenzy will abate a bit. Autumn is the time for breathing easier, quieting down, reading. California has very little pronouncement when it comes to heralding the Fall, but you can sense it's subtle hints if you really look. Red and yellow leaves will be sparse down here, and the air won't really have that crisp edge you wait for if you are from anywhere much north of here; but I am still looking forward to it. Some long walks when the air gets cooler, long reads when the evenings are prematurely dark...

No comments:

Post a Comment