Thursday, November 08, 2007

Cold coffee is gross. Still, when you drink it at the rate I do in the morning, that sharp cold bitter shock to the mouth has a sense almost of comfort and nostalgia. It reminds you of other cold tired mornings; good ones, and really bad ones. Of course I prefer it warm, but it is undeniable that with a lovely cigarette in the morning, cold coffee, though not as pleasant as hot, is never unwelcome.

4 comments:

  1. Agreed, my friend.

    My best investment EVER was to pour cold coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Now, I can pour room temp coffee into a glass of coffee-cubes with a shot of cream, add sugar and voila! iced coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I meant to add: much more awesome than your standard "darn, I let my coffee sit too long" situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty brilliant, Erin...

    ReplyDelete