Sunday, October 08, 2006

Life has been very intersecting lately. Two weeks of over 80 hours of work (each), enthralling new purchases, friends who are oh so cute and probably getting hitched someday and very sore arm muscles from punching down fermenting grapes. The first week and half or so since my last blog post I was a truck driver, hurrying all over the Willamette Valley and all the way up to Yakima Washington, and for the last week-ish I have been learning how to run a wine press. Messy work and long hours, but not hard. Driving was very fatiguing but I had a lot of fun seeing vineyards and learning about the different fruit and locations. I spent so much time in that tired beat-up Isuzu that I gave her a name so we could commiserate together while waiting for the grapes to be loaded at yet another vineyard.





I saw some incredible scenery too. Oregon is an amazing state. And now it is cloudy and sprinkly and cool and even lovelier.





Seven AM is too early for intense physical labor, but my AMHfuture-C is adorable as ever...sigh...



And perhaps the most exciting thing of all is of a vehicular nature...(ahem) our new car: a 1972 Volvo 145-E wagon; lowered, custom wheels, manual transmission, hot-rodded engine. Could we possibly be hipper?



No comments:

Post a Comment