Saturday, July 15, 2006

I have been taking care of business and surfing the web for about the last 45 minutes at a local coffee house on Grand Ave in Portland, and so far I have seen:

(3) giggling, shrieking Japanese girls speaking in fast-forward
(1) Very feminine-looking transexual describing fashion and clothing in a deep voice
(1) Middle-aged woman in a Magical Fairy outfit, complete with wings, bells, and pixie-dust
(2) Gay boys (probably)
(1) Lady in full traditional Japanese dress, Kimono, wooden sandals, hair and all

And they say California is weird.

All in all though, this is a very cool town, and my new job is probably the best I have ever had. I am living with two great Catholic guys in a sweet old house way out in the country surrounded by huge trees with an incredible view of the Willamette Valley and Mt. Hood from our back porch. One of the guys is an old classmate of mine from TAC, the other is a kindly nutcase from Indiana, and we have been drinking, gorging, laughing, and jamming on ALL SORTS of instruments from the minute I got here. We were blasting tadpoles with shotguns last night. We are talking about trying to go see a good play. We are also putting together some songs for recording. Life is very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment