This morning is a quiet one
Oppressed by a damp marine layer
From the cold nearby sea...
Everything seems indistinct and distant today
Like I'm not really awake
But I've already had my coffee.
Voices traverse the long chill to reach my muffled ears
But my mind is home in bed,
Back in the little apartment;
The alarm is off
I am wrapped in comfort and warmth
And I know I will never be lonely or sad again...
The jealous morning gives an elbow in the ribs
There is dirt on this floor
Things to do and put away
I am not home,
I cannot reach the arms in my dream...
...I shove back
A smile
A simple thought
An image of Our Blessed Lady.
It's okay to be lonely
It's okay to bleed
Jesus remembers when He was there...
And the clouds will lift
The morning will give way to the fullness of day
Did I still sigh, hiding a hopeful smile?
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Posted by Darren Cools at 9:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment