Monday, February 27, 2006

Nearly four hours, two bottles of wine and a half bottle of champagne (after countless glasses of the same from earlier), mountains of dishes, a dirty diaper, stinky mush-food, and some loud tipsy gospel singing...Cleaning up after the reception for the newly-weds was a true pleasure. What a fun, happy, wonderfully insane couple!
Afterword, back home, picking my way through the aftermath of the bachelor party to find my bed...up late, leftovers for breakfast/lunch, cleaning house while on the phone until mid-afternoon. 5:30 Mass lasted over an hour-and-a-half, good homily, but wow. Dinner and smokes with Mags and The Man With The Throat. Tried to go to bed early, and I promised too...I don't know what happened...I'm sorry.
Today it is raining and chilly. The sky is lovely and grey and streaky with full, heavy clouds. I am suddenly aware of how incredibly stressed out I am. I want to say everything and nothing; I need to talk and let it all go; I need her ears and shoulder; I need gentle arms and sleep.
And now, drawn-up, back straight: I must return to the world of grease and wrenches...a world I have learned to hate, unfortunately...But I will savour the rain, thank the clouds, take comfort in the cold. I will dream of a dream that is much to far from now, but holds me in such wonder and excitement; In memory and hope I will abide.
Because the Dude---the Dude abides.

No comments:

Post a Comment