Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Today was long and inexplicibly melancholy. It was one of those times when there is no reason in the world to be down, but somehow a little twinge of sadness hangs around your mind and tries to trick you into thinking you are just a bit too isolated, a little too alone. This eveing the shop was cold and it was very dark outside as I was finishing up a project for a friend, and the Smashing Pumpkins were lamenting softly over the Tack House speakers. Soon after though there was good food (I took way too big of a helping!) and funny conversation, and when I got home I gave myself to the comfort of a cigarette and murmuring friendship. It is still quiet---a quiet night to follow the quiet day, but I have visions of soon riding my motorcycle, perhaps driving Mulholland again, and finding some shady grassy spot on a Friday afternoon good for dreaming and laughing and reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment