10:49am: Was rudely awakened by a bored Ryan.
11:13am: While stumbling to the kitchen Ben knocked on the door, so I had a smoke with him and talked for bit.
12:45pm: Coffee...
1:20pm: Wheezing my way up a very steep, impossibly rocky trail on my mountain bike, aiming for the highest place I could get before all energy was gone.
1:34pm: At near illegal speeds (well over 30mph) I slid wide on a corner, hit a deep ditch and launched oh so gracefully over the handle bars into a sticker-bush.
1:38pm: Twisted a bent derailleur back into place with bruised hands and did a little screaming victory dance, gloating over the bloody knee.
2:09pm: 40-50mph downhill sprint in top gear on an old oil road, the startled shrieks of innocent hikers echoing in my dust.
2:28pm: Lying in the meager grass outside my front door I talked long and earnestly on the phone of life and family and faith...
5:46pm: Late to Mass...(just a little)
6:40pm: Dad called and we talked for almost two and a half hours. I love my dad so much.
9:14pm: Returned a missed call to tired, sick loved one.
10:05ish pm: Phone battery died. Lame! But I had spent more that six hours on the phone today already; damn, that's a lot...
11:13pm: lying on my couch, blogging, playing Daddy's VERY NICE guitar. It has been a good day.
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Posted by Darren Cools at 2:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment