I wandered around the house at least six times tonight looking for something to eat. Finding nothing, I decided to smoke a cigarette instead, when the upstairs neighbor hung over the stairs to gave me leftover doughnuts from her shop...two gooey ones later I wasn't feeling so hot, but still hungry, and upon searching the cupboards and fridge yet again I discovered about an eighth of a bag of chips and a single Rolling Rock. Score! I won't go to bed starving tonight, baby! As for the rest of my vastly interesting life, allow me to account for it with a little poem:
Once upon a grave time
I discovered a crumpled rhyme
On the cold backstage
Of a thought of mine;
Unprepared for that sound
I left it for the dim background
But comments from a slying friend
Sought hard to bring me full around...
Weeks later under warm sun
Thinking of God and things I had done
I said to the grass
How cruel your fun---
Now under a night-filled sky
A lost idea may indeed fly
Born in frailty
Breathing but to die.
So when my wheels may Northward turn
Time and hearth at home to burn
Could joy be greater (I ask)
If that old rhyme I could but learn?
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Posted by Darren Cools at 6:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment