I drove to work slowly this morning, taking in the beautiful clouds and listening to Moby; This song occupies a Deep and Wonderful place in my soul: a place filled with the most excellent of memories and one of my very favorite people in all the world...I arrived at work in a good mood, still indulging in the echoes of the past, then got busy collecting trash around campus with a couple of exhausted students. Man, post-finals students are messy, messy creatures. Right in the middle of all this revulsion I stumbled across the hubcap I had lost over a month ago. I had thought I would never see it again, but there it was, lying all covered in dirt and weeds in the bottom of the vee ditch! Very exciting.
Campus is as desolate right now as the aftermath of a bombing raid...I have never stayed over Christmas before, and I have never seen things so forlorn and silent. Still, it is nice. I like the calmness and all the echoing empty space. But the kitchen is completely shut down, and that is a real bummer. Folks are talking about Mupu lunches with beer though, so good may come yet...
Monday, December 19, 2005
Posted by Darren Cools at 12:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment