Last night I was intercepted while on my way to my (borrowed) car by an unexpected person.
"Hi," he says. "You said you wanted to hang out some time. How 'bout right now?"
So off I went to his tiny place in SP, and we drank and smoked and talked and smoked and drank and talked and drank...and smoked and drank and talked. It was glorious. I am often (to use his terminology) a Mono-maniac. I like to be alone. And even when I don't like it I cling to it. But once in a while I find myself spending time with someone that I perhaps have never even really talked to before and I am reminded of how good people are. Of how wonderful just being in someone's company can be. Weaving my way home in the wee hours of the morning, saying my Rosary, I was glad for the seeming random chance meeting...many words still echoing in my tired ears.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Posted by Darren Cools at 12:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment