Monday, May 23, 2005

I think this is the first time I have really lost track of blogging since I began this crazy thing a little over a year ago. Grasping for many things and for the most part coming back empty-handed. Yet, the important things have remained, and I grow with the losses. I am suddenly stripped of all eloquence, and have none of the usual excuses of fatigue and frustration; no, this is a nearly blind groping. No more to say with gusto "I feel so lost!" while sucking down ales and cigarette smoke. This is a more subtle and far more serious searching. How does a man discern vocation? How can he become holier? And the true answers lie not so much in the glories of beauty and ecstasies of prayer, but in the steadfast hope, and the daily trust in Grace. Life is lived momentarily...with what do we brace against the cold wave?

No comments:

Post a Comment