Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I went to bed at 4:open, got up at 5:45am. My eyes hurt, my stomach hurts, my head hurts, and I feel distinctly unwell. Getting up, getting out, hopeful about the day, then a frustrated woman says about her family: "Never take a job you can't resign from" as she slams things around. And her kids look on. What the FUCK!!! Why are people so miserable inside? Sometimes I look around and wonder if all hope has really died. One tries to order things in life, tries to be consistent and disciplined, but everything is working against you. And even sleep is no haven because you dream the girl you love just married a fool and left you adrift in confusion...you watch from the misty distance and call out, but she simply shrugs. But that was just a dream, and you climb out of bed and comb your hair, read about your friends and smile wryly because you are feeling that edge of anger you so greatly despise in others creeping into your unsettled soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment