Sunday, December 12, 2004

Whey hey up she rises
Whey hey up she rises
Whey hey up she rises ear-li in the mornin'!

Well, the Rambler rose and fell today. It runs great, everything is back together, and life should be peachy...but this is the infamous $100 Rambler we're talking about. I got about two miles of an initially successful test drive out of it when the oil light came on. I fiddled with it, but in the end Nathan and I had to walk home (in the BUTT-COLD!) and get the beastly '61 International truck to tow the car back. In the garage there is once again, good news and bad: The gear on the end of the oil pump has stripped out, which is good news because it easy to fix; the bad news is, as usual, finding parts for a car with a rare ALUMINUM BLOCK ENGINE whose loving mother company went out of existence in 1968 tends to be travailous. But hey, it could be a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment