Wednesday, September 29, 2004

My first cloudy day in Portland was great. I went to Holy Rosary Catholic Church downtown, and discovered that they have 24-hour Adoration and confessions every day, twice a day! I spent about an hour there, and the priest gave me the biggest penance I have ever had. More Catholic churches should be like this! In the morning I ran across a very cool little coffee shop called 'Wired on Burnside'. (Burnside, by the way, is probably the coolest street in downtown). I talked with the owners for a while, and they said they had just recently opened shop after moving up here from the Bay Area. According to them, starting and running a coffee shop in Portland is as easy as falling off a log, which gives me hope for my dreams of barrista bliss...

Later that day I got creamed by a Businessman in a Lexus while crossing the street. Pedestrians screamed, tires wailed and I ended up, bike and all, on his hood in the middle of the street. WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING ASSHOLE!!! (The light turned yellow when I was halfway across the street, and I guess he just gunned it without looking the minute the light turned green). Oh well, I glad my leg took it and not my bike; I need that bike to get around! I must have pedaled my way through 20 miles of city streets today, but it was worth it, job prospects are getting more numerous. Needless to say, I am now very aware of streetlights...!

No comments:

Post a Comment