Sunday, September 26, 2004

Just when we were far enough away from Ojai we couldn't turn back the Scout crapped out. Of course. Not completely though; it was still driving, but it kept going slower and slower, and when we finally pulled into my uncle's place in Sacremento 12 hours later, we were only going about 25mph. I swear, car problems have haunted me since last Thanksgiving! (DAMN! Sacremento has the worst smell of any other city I've been in!) After 2/3rds of a day of frustrated repairs we discovered that it was a very simple problem: a mal-adjusted float in the carbureter, and we are finally driving again! Laptop tunes and broken heater (blasting full power on our legs on a 95 degree day) help to compliment the roaring, shaking, squeaking truck as the northern horizon rolls gently away under our wheels. I will welcome cooler weather, that's for sure.

Update: 2 hours later, that was not the problem. After an entire night of driving, trouble-shooting, sitting parked and frustrated, and whining about our plight, we replace the fuel filter. Thank you God! We are moving once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment