Thursday, June 03, 2004

These last couple weeks have been about the weirdest I have ever had. I feel like I am sitting in the car, all packed up and ready to go, but I am waiting...just waiting. This farm is cool in a way, but it is dirty and disorganized. That always makes me edgy. I have all kinds of thoughts and plans and hopes about the future, but even if nothing happens the way I am dreaming it might, that's okay if only I could be active! I want to write, draw, work on projects I was putting off because I was at TAC...I know, I am just bitching, but I am unbelievably restless. Here are some of my recent observations:
When trying to convince some one they are wrong, you can't just tell them. You have to lead them to see it by painting their opinion in a light that makes them look more closely at it of their own accord. This could even mean agreeing with them.
Don't apologize too much to those who love you: they will love you even through your mistakes, and you will hurt them with too many 'sorrys' because they have already forgiven you.
Order as best you can your immediate physical world: your interior world will benefit.
If you are stressing out about something, take time, (not too much, just a reasonable amount) to do something completely diverting and fun; then break your problem into the smallest possible pieces and take care of one at a time.
Be willing to face tasks you have always or often avoided, especially difficult ones. Even if you are not required to do it, facing the discomfort can be an amazing and revealing experience.
Get out of yourself. The only one in there is you, and you are not going to learn anything new from obsessing in your own head. People, for all their problems have more to offer than we give them credit for.

No comments:

Post a Comment