I've thought lately about many things, but perhaps the most prevalent of these contemplations is the notion that people can do better than that which they settle for. Now, that I am not a good judge of many things I am sure of; however, it seems as if many people think, 'O, I can't do any better, and no one supports me anyways' or something along these lines. My reply to them is: WHERE ARE YOUR BALLS??!!! There is so much to be gained, so much that can be done, experienced, accomplished, improved, enjoyed, loved, cherished! Who wants to 'make do' when that means wallowing in your own self-defeat and laziness? Now I know that ambition can be harmful, and I know that life needs a certain order, meekness and peace; but where is the wonder? Where is the teary-eyed passion of discovery, the curiosity that carries you off to places and things most people don't even think of? God Himself is in each and every thing, and each new experience, each new conversation, each new memory leads to greater apprehension and appreciation of His incredible gifts. This world is truly marvelous, and though we are not destined to stay here, I believe that we were meant to rejoice in it while we are here, as a gift that contributes to our temporal happiness, and as a sign of His unfathomable love.
Thursday, April 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment